6/9/2010

Recently I've been wanting to find out about my family lineage on my Dad's side. I didn't (and still don't) know much about them past my grandparents. I found out from a friend (thanks Michael) how to access census records without having to go to the library.

I found my Grandmother in the 1910 census with my great grandfather, great grandmother, and great uncle. My grandmother was 2 months old. I didn't know that this uncle even existed.

From 6-2010


The 1920 census. My grandmother was 9. My great uncle James didn't make it to the 1920 census.

From 6-2010


Then I found my great grandfather on my dad's side in the 1920 census.

From 6-2010


This is really exciting for me. Some of these people I didn't even know existed.

I called my Aunt Nina tonight and we talked about some of this. She told me that she was the 10th of 10 children. She was born on May 24th 1928 and her mother died on June 7th. I knew she had died when she was young but I didn't know how young. My dad told me that when my Aunt Nina was born her father wanted to give her up but my grandmother fought for her and made him keep her. It's stories like that that I want to discover.

1 comments:

Anonymous June 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Good for you. Keep it up and get all the missing links.You can look in the county obituaries and find family there on line. Good luck.

Post a Comment