4/24/2010

New (to us) camera day! I've been wanting a twin lens reflex camera for a while because I just thought they were cool and took cool pictures. I'd been watching eBay for a long time and finally this Yashica showed up for a good price so I snagged it.

From Yashica LM


It's an LM, I think, but the name plate has come off. I'm going by the light meter and flip-up-but-not-there-anymore nameplate. It has Yashicor lenses instead of Yashicon which the LM should have from what I've read so I have no idea. If it is an LM like I think it was made in either 1956 or 1957.

From Yashica LM



I've seen people take pictures through TLR viewfinders on Flickr and it's harder than I thought it'd be.

From Yashica LM


We're going to go by Coke's Camera and try to pick up some 120mm black and white film and try it out. From what I'm reading (and remembering from Industrial Arts class in high school) developing black and white film isn't too hard. I'd like to at least develop the film and scan it even if I don't transfer it to photographic paper. I'm excited to see what it can do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment